Sunday 6 November 2016

Shout out to my veegs!





I haven't always been vegan, for years I was a meat eater who always intended to do better by the world. I was raised to be loving, appreciative and to care for nature and the creatures in it. When I was 20 I got into an argument with a friend about animal rights and my strong love for all creatures, they simply commented on my hypocrisy which really made me think and evaluate my life. This for me was the start of my vegetarian journey and was a massive step towards the man I wanted to be. Years went by and I felt good about my life choices and my view of the world until I met a vegan. Another discussion arose around animal welfare, I argued my case stating that I only ate free range eggs and that being vegetarian I was as ethical as possible. They gave me some information and expressed an interesting point of view. I basically thought "Preachy vegan" but they had left me with something, an idea that I was not truly doing my best. So I did my research, after I had seen the true horror of the egg and dairy industry I stopped being vegetarian there and then which was the start of my vegan journey. I thank them for being informative because if it wasn't for "preachy vegans" I'd have never known any better and years later I have never looked back because it was the best decision I've ever made. 
It doesn't matter if you've been vegan for a few years or a few minutes, this blog aims to provide you with guidance, tips and tricks to make sure that your plant based lifestyle is as easy and enjoyable as ever. Good for you for not wanting to live a life of convenience at the expense of thousands of helpless creatures that are exploited, neglected and slaughtered every day. Because of this I will be rewarding you with inspiration and encouragement. There are hundreds of fantastic vegan products just waiting for you to try, as well as some terrible ones that catch you off guard and ruin your dreams. I'll share some of my favourite finds as well as providing you with some fantastic recipes that will have your minds blown, Yes Blown! because you deserve it. I will be posting about some of my other obsessions including lush cosmetics (in fairness who doesn't love lush!) and have a strong urge to share ideas on relaxation and stress management. Hopefully you will leave my posts with something useful, inspiring or therapeutic. So there we have it, a basic introduction to the blog. Enjoy!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig